Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not enough Tracks ??

I friend brought over a song ( Midi File ) he downloaded from the internet . When I try to drop it into GB I'm told it has 128 tracks and exceeds the number in my GB and to change the number of tracks in GB preferences . I looked around and don't see anything on changing the number of tracks. It's an old Marley tune so I'm almost positive it doesn't really have 128 tracks for midi data .

Any ideas on what to do ??

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 3:50 AM

3 replies

Sep 8, 2013 5:23 AM in response to P.Dreadie

Ok after fooling with this yesterday , I figured out there must Not be a way to increase the number of tracks in GB, at least if you're going to drop a midi file in . I've NEVER had problems making a new track for another part , but then I never got close to 128 trks !!

So if your friend bings over a midi file or you download one and it tells you it has too many tracks for GB .. that's right !

I did open it with Logic Pro . And there was 128 trks !! Most in name only . Who ever did this used a template of 128 trks ..... mostly drum parts which had no info .

Peace .....

Sep 8, 2013 6:14 AM in response to P.Dreadie

P.Dreadie wrote:

And there was 128 trks !! Most in name only .

that would do it, that's far beyond GB's limit:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#maxtracks

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

of course if you could delete enough of the unused tracks, you could export a MIDI file from Logic Pro and then open it in GB if you so desired

Not enough Tracks ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.