Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Windows Support Software

After solving a file move problem during Windows partition creation, I was just able to progress with Windows 7 install. Two questions:

1: The Win 7 install appeared to proceed successfully, but it's not clear to me if it was successfully completed, ie. no 'successfully completed' message. Is there any simple way for me to verify?

2: Without such, I proceeded to load my CD with downloaded Windows Support Software, but no processing occurred. Is there a process to initiate this install?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 6:34 AM

5 replies

Sep 11, 2013 7:31 AM in response to trbmb

Follow the instructions for installing Boot Camp drivers. If you dont have auto run set or it didn't then just manually run the Setup.exe

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.8.pdf

Install the Boot Camp Drivers for Windows

1. After installing Windows, install Mac-specific drivers and other software for Windows using your Mac OS X installation disc. The Mac OS X disc installs drivers to support Mac components, including AirPort,built-in iSight camera, the Apple Remote, the trackpad on a portable Mac, and the function keys on an Apple keyboard.

The Mac OS X disc also installs the Boot Camp control panel for Windows and theApple Boot Camp system tray item.

To install the Boot Camp drivers:

1. 1 Eject the Windows installation disc.
    2. 2 Insert the Mac OS X disc.If the installer doesn’t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows Explorerand double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
    3. 3 Follow the onscreen instructions.
      If a message appears that says the software you’re installing has not passed Windows
      Logo testing, click Continue Anyway.Windows that appear only briefly during the installation don’t require your input.

If nothing appears to be happening, there may be a hidden window that you mustrespond to. Check the taskbar and look behind open windows.

Important: Do not click the Cancel button in any of the installer dialogs.

1. 4 After your computer restarts, follow the instructions in the Found New HardwareWizard to update your software drivers (Windows XP only).
  2. 5 Follow the instructions for any other wizards that appear.
  3. 6 Check for updated Boot Camp drivers by using Apple Software Update or going to www.apple.com/support/bootcamp.

4. If You Have Problems Installing the Device DriversIf it appears that the Boot Camp drivers weren’t successfully installed, try repairing them.To repair Boot Camp drivers:
  1. 1 Start up your computer in Windows.
  2. 2 Insert your Mac OS X installation disc.
  3. 3 If the installer doesn’t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows Explorerand double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
  4. 4 Click Repair and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If a message appears that says the software you’re installing has not passed Windows
    Logo testing, click Continue Anyway.

If you need to reinstall specific drivers, you can install one driver at a time. For example,if your built-in iSight camera isn’t working, you can reinstall just the iSight driver.

Individual drivers are in the Drivers folder on the Mac OS X installation disc.

To reinstall a specific driver:

1. 1 Insert your Mac OS X installation disc.
  2. 2 Quit AutoRun if it opens.
  3. 3 Using Windows Explorer, locate the driver that you want to reinstall.
  4. 4 Open the driver to start the installation.

Sep 12, 2013 10:52 AM in response to The hatter

Thanks for your response and pardon my unfamiliarity with Mac OS.

I'm reasonably confident that I installed Windows 7 Home Premium successfully but am now confused relative to the support SW. I did a download to CD during the Boot Camp execution, inserting the disk resulted in nothing. I do see suggestion to double click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory, but am uncertain where to find that and whether this requires me start Boot Camp again, or can this be natively done within Windows?

And the doc you copied makes reference to the Mac OS Install Disc, so confused about it versus the downloaded CD.

So, my challenge is getting to the right place to double click the setup.exe and where do I find it to do so, and using the right CD.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Installing Windows Support Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.