Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Twitter Notifications not working!?

Essentially, when I use twitter on my new iphone 4, I keep getting notfications of just normal tweets that are not even mentions/interactions for me, literally just normal tweets. Why am I getting notfied for these?? Is it an error or something? Sometimes it doesnt happen, and other times it flipping drives me crazy. My phone just keeps buzzing every 2mins. Ive checked notification settings and everything, and from what Ive seen, Ive tried everything it could possibly be?

Another problem I have is when I turn off notifications from settings on iphone for the twitter app, I still get the notfications at the top of my screen? Even when I press the none section on the options for notifications.

Is it the app or the iphone thats broken???

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 7:05 AM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2013 10:20 AM in response to StanleyNeavo

Hello,

I would love to help solve your issue.

Twitter is responsible for sending you those notifications and is nothing Apple can help you with so you might want to check out their website.

To turn off notifications do the following:

Settings > Notifications > Twitter > Notification Center: Off > Alert Style: None > Sounds: Off > View In Lock Screen: Off > Sounds: Off

This will turn off all notifications from that application.

I expect this to solve your issue but if not please reply here and I will answer as soon as possible.

Regards,

Jake

Twitter Notifications not working!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.