Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won't itunes burn my cd? error 4310

Everytime I try to burn a CD- I've tried 4 different CDs out of the same package from Staples (80 mins, 700 MB, 52x speed, 1x-52x compatible)- IT WON'T WORK. It says Burning initializing for about 3 seconds then canceling burn automatically after. I only have 12 songs on the playlist I want to use and its 50 mins total. I also have a Windows 8 computer & updated version of itunes 11.0.5.

I don't understand why it won't work please help 😟

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 8:29 AM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2014 3:33 AM in response to judysings

Many of us are looking evrerywhere for a solution to this and these generic links you are leaving for everyone just don't fix it! The issue is beyond these simple fixes and continue in the update as of January 23rd 2014. Winding back to a previous version solves the issue so the problem is most often not with people's computer, the problem is within iTunes.

Jul 16, 2015 1:15 AM in response to Coolbackyard

I discovered the solution. There is something that seems to 'break' the system when merely updating iTunes, at least on my PC and apparently quite a lot of others.The answer is to uninstall the version you have and do a clean install of new versions. This seems to ensure that CD burning continues to work. I still find these generic responses to be rather unhelpful - like aiming at a target with your eyes closed!

why won't itunes burn my cd? error 4310

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.