Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Aperture

Hi folks

I'm using Aperture to manage and adjust my photographs.

The details:

MacBook Air (1.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB)

Mac OS X version 10.8.4

Aperture version 3.4.5

I use a number of different Sony cameras but the one that I'm using in this example is a Sony RX100.

After I've downloaded the pictures, I go to each one and open it. The picture appears with the usual 'Loading' message. A second later (the Loading message disappears) the photograph adjusts, generally getting darker. However, I've noticed that Aperture seems to also apply a 'lens curve' to the photo, which isn't there before the photo finishes loading. I'm not using 'curve' to refer to the light/dark elements of the photo but actually the shapes of the buildings or lamp posts, which after 'Loading' seem to be bent. It's almost like Aperture is actually bending the photo.

Does anyone know how to correct this? I've attached an example, where you can see on the left hand side that the cabinet and the sign have both been curved.

Thanks for any help.

Stuart

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 4:17 PM

Stuart, have installed the latest raw support update 4.08? That apparently introduced a bug, and removed the lens correction from the raw support for the Sony RX100. As a result the photos are showing a barrel distortion.

See this thread: Re: Raw Update 4.08 removes distortion correction for Sony RX100 files?

The fix is to uninstall 4.08 and to revert to the previous raw support.

See also the info on Apple's support site: Aperture 3.x: RAW files from Sony RX100 might appear distortedhttp://support.apple.com/kb/TS5192

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2013 4:17 PM in response to Stuart Mills

Stuart, have installed the latest raw support update 4.08? That apparently introduced a bug, and removed the lens correction from the raw support for the Sony RX100. As a result the photos are showing a barrel distortion.

See this thread: Re: Raw Update 4.08 removes distortion correction for Sony RX100 files?

The fix is to uninstall 4.08 and to revert to the previous raw support.

See also the info on Apple's support site: Aperture 3.x: RAW files from Sony RX100 might appear distortedhttp://support.apple.com/kb/TS5192

Regards

Léonie

Problem with Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.