Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Mac OS X startup disk has no more space available for application memory.

User uploaded file

I did notice a process called "HP Device Monitor" using a gig in itself even though I wasn't printing.

But my Macintosh HD Info Reports the Following.

User uploaded file

Mem Usage

User uploaded file

Mac OS X 10.7.5

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 8:15 AM

3 replies

Sep 7, 2013 8:28 AM in response to NGMmac

There is no more memory available. Find out what process or processes are occupying your Mac's memory.

Using Activity Monitor to read System Memory and determine how much RAM is being used

Your screenshots are not appearing for me. Post a screenshot of Activity Monitor sorted by the Real Mem column.

HP Device Monitor is typical HP bloatware but it is not likely to be the sole cause.

If you are able to download and install it, EtreCheck may help provide helpful information:

Apple Support Communities contributor etresoft wrote a very useful app to quickly gather certain system information that may help point to a cause of this problem. Go to his website, download and run EtreCheck:

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Etrecheck will be in your Downloads folder. Open it from there. You may see the following dialog box:

User uploaded file

Click Open - etresoft contributes to this forum frequently and can be considered a trustworthy developer.

It will take a moment to run as it collects its data.

Copy and paste its output in a reply.

Do not be concerned about anything that says "Problem" or "failed".

EtreCheck was designed to remove any personal information (such as your computer's name and serial numbers) but if you see anything that looks like an email address or any other personal information that should not be divulged to others, please delete or obscure that information when you post the reply.

When you are finished with EtreCheck, quit the program. It occupies very little space, and you can keep it or drag it to the Trash as you wish.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.