Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I installed 10.8.48.4 Internet browsing slowed down to the pace of a dial-up connection. How can I get back to normal operating speed?

After I installed 10.8.4, my Internet browsing slowed down to the pace of a dial-up connection -- unless it froze up completely. How do I get my system back to a normal operating mode? Can I dump 10.8.4 and go back to the one that at least worked?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 10:05 AM

3 replies

Sep 7, 2013 1:36 PM in response to mikefarley42

Please answer as many of the following questions as you can. You may already have answered some of them.

1. Have you restarted your router and broadband modem since you first noticed the problem? If the answer is no, do that now and see whether there's any change.

2. Are any other web browsers installed, and are they also slow?

3. What about other Internet applications, such as iTunes and the App Store?

4. Are there any other devices on the same network that can browse the Web, and are they also slow?

5. If you can test Safari on another network, is it slow there too?

6. If you connect to your router with Wi-Fi and you can also connect with Ethernet, do that and turn off Wi-Fi. Any difference?

After I installed 10.8.48.4 Internet browsing slowed down to the pace of a dial-up connection. How can I get back to normal operating speed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.