Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac camera just stopped working

I have been trying to learn how to communicte with Yahoo Messenger and Facebook. I was learning--slowly--when the person I was talking to said that the video had disappeared, and I then noticed that the little light at the top of the screen had gone out. I suspect that I had unknowingly turned it off, but I don't know how I did that or, more importantly, how to turn it on again. How do I activate the iMac's camera? This is the first time that this has ever happened to me.

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 9:49 AM

4 replies

Sep 7, 2013 10:47 AM in response to Niku

I might be wrong but, until today, I thought my iMac camera was ALWAYS on. Anyway, I activated it again (turned its light on) just now by turning on Photo Booth. Photo Booth activitated, camera ON. Photo Booth off, camera off. Is this the way the camera is supposed to work? Going further, should the camera light automatically go on when I'm using Yahoo Messenger or Facebook Messenger?

Sep 7, 2013 1:55 PM in response to BDAqua

BDAqua wrote:

Hi, the light should only be on when in use.

---

Well, you're probably right but, as I said, my recollection is that it was ALWAYS on before.

Is it working now in Messengers?

--

I was about to say, "no," when it appeared after I clicked on one of its buttons. I guess i just have to learn how to use Yahoo Messenger.

iMac camera just stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.