Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UK charge plug

Hello.

I bought my MacBook Pro in Turkey and then I have moved to Singapore. The plugs here are the same as those of the UK and I want to use a properly grounded charger for my Mac. If I buy a UK wall plug (but not with the long cable, just the small plug seen in the bottom of the photo I attached), would it be grounded. I could not see the metal connection in any of the pictures on the web.

The long cable is not sold separately and I do not want to buy a separate charge adaptor for that. Is buying an Apple travel kit is the most economical solution? Of course if the plug I mentioned is grounded.

Thanks a lot..

Bugra

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 12:11 PM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2013 8:31 AM in response to ariel s

Hi Ari,

Actually what I am concerned about is the grounding problem. I have bought extremely simple UK to EU converter and I am currently able to charge my MacBook Pro, however the connection is not grounded that I feel static electricity on the surface of my Mac.

At this point what I wonder is if that three-prong blades adapter, seen in the picture, is grounded or not? If it is, I am gonna buy the travel pack and solve my problem. If it is not, then I think I am gonna have to buy a new power adapter with a long power cable with a UK plug at the end..

Thanks.

Bugra

UK charge plug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.