Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete iBook purchases off my I pad

I Know how to hide and unhide purchases from the iTunes Store on my P.C but my i books still appear on my iPad iBooks icon even tough they are supposed to be hidden. Under purchased iBooks.i click to edit and select delete bottom but nothing happens.what am I doing wrong ?how can I remove these books?

Windows XP, Lenovo P/C

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 12:34 PM

3 replies

Sep 7, 2013 12:49 PM in response to abbycat

If the purchases are hidden then they should not appear in the purchased section of iBooks, so I'm not sure where you are seeing this. That's whole idea behind hiding the purchases, so they do not appear in the purchased tabs of the iStores.

In iTunes on your computer, sign into your account from Store>View Account. You will have to enter your password. Click on Purchsed under Quick Links on the right side of the screen. Then click on Books in the next screen. Hover over the book that you want to hide and an X appears in the upper left corner of the icon. Tap that to hide the book.

If you have done that - Have you closed iBooks completely and rebooted the iPad? Sometimes closing and restarting forces the app to refresh.

Tap the home button once. Then tap the home button twice and the recents tray will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button twice.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Sep 7, 2013 3:51 PM in response to Demo

UNder the collections tab in the iBooks when I click on purchased books all of my books still show up but with a cloud with an arrow pointing down. I click on the edit button select all,then try to delete them.but nothing happens. I've rebooted & made shire they were hidden on my P.C in the I tunes store .nothing seams to work can anyone help me out

Sep 7, 2013 7:21 PM in response to abbycat

You cannot delete the book if it hasn't been downloaded to the iPad. The book is not on the iPad, so it cannot be deleted, so you surely can't delete them that way.

The books are hidden from the Purchased section of the iBooks store, but will still appear on your bookshelf in the Purchased Books Collection. It's bizarre, but it appears that's the way that it works.

How can I delete iBook purchases off my I pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.