Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

double letters in the center of page

I am experiencing printing problems from Mac OSX 8.4 printing with HP 5610 deskjet. When a new document is created in Pages the center character of each line of text is doubled on every line. I have tried printing from same computer with Microsoft Word for Mac and other programs and the only time this issue comes up is when using Pages. Any ideas???

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), HP 5610 Desckjet

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 3:19 PM

15 replies

Sep 8, 2013 11:03 AM in response to fruhulda

Pages and this printer (HP5610 - approx. 4 years old) have worked well together for sometime. It is only recently that we have a problem. I have saved Pages documents as a PDF and the glitch is still there. I have saved as a Word document and the same problem occurrs when you try to print that Word document. It only occurrs in documents created in Pages and it happenes on multiple computors all with separate user names. I spent 2 hours with Apple support yesteday and they where stumped. They captured a file (log) from my computer and we await their response.

Sep 8, 2013 12:55 PM in response to AZDBacker

Then you have something on your System that is amending your document (according to what you say) and altering it when you print.

Yours is the only case I have ever heard of this happening.

We can not see what you are or are not doing.

If you posted an actual document both before and after the affect, we can at least try and trace what it is, but IMHO I believe it is a possibly a third party application that you have installed or some pocedure you are doing but haven't told us about, in either case making it hard to reproduce.

Peter

double letters in the center of page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.