Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes Store is configured to the Venezuelan store, and I can't purchase apps because the store does not support US cards. What should I do?

I sent an e-mail to the iTunes store support contact, but they keep saying that I must use a Venezuelan card.

In Venezuela, a person is limited only to use a maximum of 400 USD (that's four hundred US dollars) per year. I already used them all, but I want to purchase another stuff. I have a US Visa Debit Card, but my iPad says that the venezuelan store does not support my card.

So, I can't use my Venezuelan card because I already spent the complete 400 dollars, yet it won't let me use a US card.

Anyone knows how I can change my region to the United States?

Thanks!

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 4:37 PM

13 replies

Sep 9, 2013 9:26 AM in response to Phreak777

You must use a credit card that was issued by a bank in the country whose iTunes Store you wish to use, and the card much also have its billing address in that same country. So if you wish to use the Venezuelan iTunes Store, you need a Venezuelan credit card. You cannot use a US-issued credit card in another country's iTunes Store no matter when the billing address might be. The reverse is also true; you cannot use a Venezuelan-issued credit card in the US iTunes Store (nor are you allowed to use the US iTunes Store from outside of that country).

Regards.

Sep 10, 2013 8:20 AM in response to Phreak777

Phreak777 wrote:

Who said I'm not in the US region?

It seemed to me that you said it. From your post: "In Venezuela, a person is limited only to use a maximum of 400 USD (that's four hundred US dollars) per year. I already used them all, but I want to purchase another stuff"

Are you inside the borders of the U.S?

Do you have a valid U.S Billing address?

Do you have a credit card issued from a U.S bank?

Sep 10, 2013 8:23 AM in response to Phreak777

Phreak777 wrote:

I would like to receive a constructive answer form people who address my issue instead of just talking about the Venezuelan store.

Perhaps if you provide honest and specific information, then someone could do this.

In what country are you physically located?

What countrys itunes store are you trying to use?

What country issued your credit card?

In what country is your billing address?

Sep 10, 2013 8:40 AM in response to Phreak777

And we would like to receive a clear statement about what you are really trying to do rather than rude responses from you to us fellow users who are indeed trying to address your issue.

Did you read this part of my reponse?

You must use a credit card that was issued by a bank in the country whose iTunes Store you wish to use, and the card must also have its billing address in that same country.

and

The reverse is also true; you cannot use a Venezuelan-issued credit card in the US iTunes Store (nor are you allowed to use the US iTunes Store from outside of that country).

How does that not address your issue?

Sep 10, 2013 9:06 AM in response to varjak paw

My very first post has a clear question (and I quote it):

"Anyone knows how I can change my region to the United States?"

Yes, I live in FL. Yes, I have not one, but two Visa debit cards, with a valid billing address in the US. Yes, I am Venezuelan. Yes, I also have Venezuelan credit cards. No, I do not know why Apple assigned the Venezuelan store to me.

No, I do not see how this information is needed in order to answer my original question.

Sep 10, 2013 9:15 AM in response to Phreak777

It helps if you provide full information. You did not at any time say that you lived in the US and had payment methods there. You kept referring to Venezuela, and piggybacked onto another thread where the original posted was indeed in Venezuela.

I have not one, but two Visa debit cards, with a valid billing address in the US.

The iTunes Store does not accept debit cards. You need a US credit card or US-issued prepaid iTunes cards or a US PayPal account. See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5552

That's why this information is needed to answer your original question.

Sep 10, 2013 11:06 AM in response to varjak paw

That link didn't help me, but navigating through it I eventually found this one:

appleid.apple.com

I had already been there, but after all I had to log out from itunes (in all the devices), change my information through the given page, and then log in again from itunes (in all the devices). It did ask for my payment method and valid billing address in the US.

Problem solved.

My iTunes Store is configured to the Venezuelan store, and I can't purchase apps because the store does not support US cards. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.