Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My iPhone keeps disabling on its own?

Its a verizon iPhone 4S running 6.1.3. Find my iPhone under the iCloud settings keeps disabling itself. it doesnt even ask me for permission. It just randomly does it on its own. It usually turns off in a day or 2. I've seen it turn off in hours though. Could it be something I did? I've tried putting on restrictions and disable account changes but its as useful as a calculator on an english test. Has anyone had this problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 7, 2013 9:18 PM

28 replies

Sep 8, 2013 9:37 AM in response to VictorBraga98

You are welcome.

Is your phone running IOS 7? I do not believe your friend is having the same issue, if you are not running it. I also do not believe that it is a hardware problem, but why not, take it to the store. Make sure you backup beforehand, cause their job is to figure if that is a hardware problem. They will do that by completely restoring your phone. Once set as new it will not have any problems and if it will, they will offer replacement. But as I said before, I do not think it will. Wonder if I am wrong, keep me posted if that is OK.

Oct 16, 2013 6:45 PM in response to Sassymell

When I updated to iOS 7.0.2 it fixed the issue. If you called Apple or took it to an Apple Store they would ask you to restore your iPhone, delete everything and sync everything back on. I do not have the iPhone 4S I had before, I upgraded to the 5S. I do understand your problem and I think the only way to fix it is to do a hard reset. Just remember that if you do, make sure you back up your iPhone before starting this process so that you dont lose any of your files and photos! Good Luck!🙂

Dec 2, 2013 7:15 AM in response to VictorBraga98

I am having the same problems with my iPhone 4S running 7.0.4. Even as recently as this morning it had once again disabled the find my phone function. Also the Bluetooth had turned off. Since upgrading to OS 7 I have also had all my contacts disappear several times and my email will disappear and when I access it it comes up with the screen like I'm setting it up for the first time. When I go to the iCloud setting and turn contacts off and on those will come back after an hour or two. Had anyone figured out why it's happening? My wife and daughters are using an iPhone 5 and 5Cs and haven't had any of these issues. We are all on AT&T

Dec 2, 2013 8:06 PM in response to Malcz

I have seance gotten an iPhone 5S and it's not having any problems. The person I sold it to is claiming that they're not having any problems. I guess you have to complete a full restore. Try doing a settings reset first. Remember that a settings reset will erase all wifi passwords, restrictions, Bluetooth devices, ring tones... Etc.. Good luck! Keep me updated!

Dec 27, 2013 5:41 PM in response to VictorBraga98

It is so agervaiting. We both upgraded to 4s same day, brand new phones. We had issues with the white 4 last time so both of us got the black 16 gb 4s (AT&T). I have not once experienced this issue but my wife's phone does it constantly. App's crash, phone freezes, contacts disaper, icloud resets, you name it, it does it. I have don't a full reset, and still the same.

I'm goint to remove all of her games and see if that has any effect on the phone, might have one on the marriage though.

Feb 5, 2014 5:49 AM in response to VictorBraga98

my son had the same problem. i have formatted his iphone. did not work. he and i changed iphones and still the problems were with his iphone.then i knew it was not a hardware problem but a problem with an App or a combination of Apps. then he told me he started playing a different game on his iphone for about a month: OSM Online Soccer Manager. i have deleted the game from his iphone and for the last 2 weeks Find My Phone has not disabled itself since. So if you have OSM, then try to delete it. might work

Feb 27, 2014 10:48 PM in response to VictorBraga98

Hi VictorBraga98,

I don't know if you fixed your problem but i have the same problem and its parranoying me!

Anyway i enabled restrictions and scrolled down to to Location Services and turned on Find My iPhone then pressed Don't Allow Changes. (This will not allow it to disable). On the other hand to disable Find My iPhone you need to disable restrictions.

Hope This Helps.

Regards

DanTaAppleLover

PS. I did this on a iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0.6)

Feb 28, 2014 9:36 AM in response to VictorBraga98

I have a 4S as well, and am with Fido in Canada, and I'm having the same issue where my iPhone suddenly loses all of my calendar and notes information. My "find my phone" feature disables on its own as well. I still have my contacts, and everything is still on icloud when I sign in using my mac, but they are deleted on my phone. Maybe it is due to large gaming (or other RAM-eating apps). Whatever the issue is, it's certainly annoying!

I've tried just backing up my phone using iTunes instead of through iCloud, but it's not as good at keeping files up to date if I lose them. I never had this issue before iOS7. I would backup through iTunes, and sync all my devices so that I wouldn't lose most of the data. Now, the data isn't lost; it's just not STAYING on my phone. Get it together, Apple. I like you a lot, but I had higher expectations from you.

Mar 6, 2014 11:52 AM in response to VictorBraga98

same Problem for me on my 4S with iOS7.

It almost always loses the Find My iPhone settings when I look in the settings.It also loses the contacts, but they keep coming back. And it asks me for my iCloud Password sometimes when I try to charge it.

It's very annoying, but given the date of the original post, Apple obviously doesn't care... 😟

Find My iPhone keeps disabling on its own?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.