Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased music wont transfer

I've purchased a ton of music and never had an issue but now for some reason only about 250 songs will transfer to my ipod. They show and play on my desktop but wont transfer and it doesnt give me an error or anything, they just dont show up. Ive even tried to make them their own playlist and the playlist shows up now but it is empty. What gives?

Windows 7

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 8:59 AM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2015 8:56 PM in response to Hilblee

I solved my issue once I discovered that the songs I had recently purchased had, as it turns out, not actually been downloaded to my computer, but only placed in iCloud. This for some reason seems to be the default behaviour (I don't remember seeing this explained clearly).

Further, this for some reason renders the songs ineligible for syncing / invisible to the iPod(?)

Once I discovered this, and then took the step of manually downloading the albums to my computer, they became visible to the iPod, and I was able to sync them.

Perhaps this will help some people encountering this frustration/confusion.

Purchased music wont transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.