Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tascam US-2400 and Logic Pro X

Does anyone have an experience with using the Tascam US-2400 with LPX? Or in general under the OSX 10.8? It is a good DAW control surface, however tehre are some scattered reports of issues with using it under 10.8, and practically no info concerning the LPX.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 10:37 AM

Typically, its not about if a piece of hardware works with LPX.. It's whether or not it works with 10.8.x and if the Devs have written drivers that are compatible with 10.8.x that really matters....

In the case of Tascam, sadly, they don't have a good track record of providing support for newer OS X versions and instead just "end of life' their older products....

You will see from the following thread that the problem caused by Tascam not providing updated drivers for Mountain Lion, affects other DAWs Like PT and not just Logic...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=342253

As for the 2400 and ML 10.8.4 itself...

At the moment, there doesn't appear to be anything new forthcoming from Tascam.... and they are not being overly helpful in regards to the non compatibility issues of the 2400 and ML 10.8.4 because as far as they are concerned they have "end of life"d that model...... Contact Tascam to register your wishes for a ML 10.8.4 driver.. Maybe if enough users do so, they might have a change of heart.. but based on their past history, I wouldn't hold my breath.

A few users have reported that they got their 2400 working under ML 10.8.2 but when asked how, none have been forthcoming with any answers.. The majorityof 2400 owners have stated its basically a 'no go' in regards to things like Fader movement etc... even using HUI compatibility mode... under Mountain Lion and have either moved on to new hardware that is fully supported under 10.8.x or have rolled back to 10.6.8 and Logic Pro 9 or whatever other DAW they use that works under Snow Leopard.

Finally, Apple made a mistake including the 2400 as a 'supported' hardware in the info for LPX and ML.... (They just copied the list over from the one they used with LP9 and Snow Leopard) They have since suggested that they will be updating the list and the 2400 will be removed from that list as Tascam are seemingly not intending to update their drivers for it any further....

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2013 10:37 AM in response to Spaceophonic

Typically, its not about if a piece of hardware works with LPX.. It's whether or not it works with 10.8.x and if the Devs have written drivers that are compatible with 10.8.x that really matters....

In the case of Tascam, sadly, they don't have a good track record of providing support for newer OS X versions and instead just "end of life' their older products....

You will see from the following thread that the problem caused by Tascam not providing updated drivers for Mountain Lion, affects other DAWs Like PT and not just Logic...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=342253

As for the 2400 and ML 10.8.4 itself...

At the moment, there doesn't appear to be anything new forthcoming from Tascam.... and they are not being overly helpful in regards to the non compatibility issues of the 2400 and ML 10.8.4 because as far as they are concerned they have "end of life"d that model...... Contact Tascam to register your wishes for a ML 10.8.4 driver.. Maybe if enough users do so, they might have a change of heart.. but based on their past history, I wouldn't hold my breath.

A few users have reported that they got their 2400 working under ML 10.8.2 but when asked how, none have been forthcoming with any answers.. The majorityof 2400 owners have stated its basically a 'no go' in regards to things like Fader movement etc... even using HUI compatibility mode... under Mountain Lion and have either moved on to new hardware that is fully supported under 10.8.x or have rolled back to 10.6.8 and Logic Pro 9 or whatever other DAW they use that works under Snow Leopard.

Finally, Apple made a mistake including the 2400 as a 'supported' hardware in the info for LPX and ML.... (They just copied the list over from the one they used with LP9 and Snow Leopard) They have since suggested that they will be updating the list and the 2400 will be removed from that list as Tascam are seemingly not intending to update their drivers for it any further....

Jan 23, 2016 1:23 PM in response to shartdirector

shartdirector wrote:

Hi Rafa... any luck keeping your US-2400 working with LPX and Mavericks?

If you check the posts, Rafa hasnm't been around since late 2013...... so you probably should contact Mackie if you need help with your 2400

or use the Mackie Refugee's forum.. (Given Mackie killed off it's own forums...)

http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?board=25.0

Feb 5, 2016 4:37 PM in response to shartdirector

Hey! haven´t been around for a while I´m using now El Capitan and still works great

All you have to do is setup your US2400 to Mackie Control Mode, in the manual (you can find it really easy on google) explains how, just push the master select key and then Aux 4 button, then press the power button, open Logic Pro X, Control Surfaces, Preferences and install the Mackie Control and two extenders

May 4, 2016 9:30 AM in response to chrisfromindia

I had the same problem, US2400 not working in Native or Mackie control mode.

The first problem I had to solve was with Yosemite. Apparently the USB 3 driver turned my US2400 unusable with protools.

So, after upgrading the firmware of the US2400 (don't really remember how, but seemed easy), I had to buy a USB2 pcie card and the problem with protools was solved.

Rafa is right, it works with LPX in Mackie control mode (aux4). What I did after installing manually the MC and the 2 Extenders was changing the FLIP mode to OFF in the Control surface setup window /CS Group. Also check that the main control uses US2400 port 1 (input and output), and the 2 extenders use the 2nd and 3rd ports.(each port handles a 8 faders block).

Now all works, Protools, LPX all fine.

Tascam US-2400 and Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.