Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I double tap to select then move sth on a Macbook (late 2008) trackpad

Hello, I've had problems with my track pad since a couple of years. I can really tell what trigger this problem, I started to use a USB mouse to keep on working, but I don't want to carry on like this. Probably is only me who doesn't know how to set the track pad to behave like I want. Right now I will very much appreciate if someone could tell me how to set my track pad for selecting something by double tapping in order to drag it or move it, then deselecting by a single tap! I have to tell you that I cant do this by the regular metod of selecting by double tapping then holding my finger against the track pad to be able to move anywhere anything! This is a real problem since I can't even manage the volumen of my music without the USB mouse!!

Thanks

PS: I'm running OS X (10.8.4)

MacBook, Late 2008

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 10:20 AM

Thanks to a post of captfred in Gestures on late 2008 Macbook Trackpad board I was able to solve my request. But if someone could help me to fix my trackpad in order to make it work properly it will be very much appreciated.

1 reply

Can I double tap to select then move sth on a Macbook (late 2008) trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.