Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 17" mid 2010 Snow Leopard Native: why not possible to install Snow Leopard in some new Hard disk?It appears "impossibile 'cause you have Mac OS X” 23.1.1."

Guys, I want to install SL in some hard disk. It's the native OS, the one came with the MBP. But after having installed Lion, my MBP doesn't allow me to install from the original dvd of Snow Leopard, telling me "impossible because you have Mac OS X” 23.1.1. istaller".

Someone can help me?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 10:54 AM

12 replies

Sep 8, 2013 1:26 PM in response to Leavetobe2

Have you tried to boot from it by going to System Preferences > Startup Disk > highlight the install DVD and click on restart? If that works, you would need to use Disk utility on that disk to wipe your drive first - you cannot install an older system over a newer one. If you can wipe it, then it should reinstall the old OS.

Sep 8, 2013 2:09 PM in response to babowa

hey thank you for your answers. I've written that I want to install snow leopard in a new hard disk, not over the lion. In other words, I want a hard disk with the faster snow leopard, that was the native OSX of my MBP mid 2010. But using the last procedure you suggested me, the dvd doesn't appear. I repeat, there's something changed in the firmware that blocks snow leopard.

the comunication that appears when I insert the original dvd of SL is something like "impossible to install snow leopard because you have Mac OS X” 23.1.1. istaller".

MBP 17" mid 2010 Snow Leopard Native: why not possible to install Snow Leopard in some new Hard disk?It appears "impossibile 'cause you have Mac OS X” 23.1.1."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.