7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 10:53 PM by Karsten Schlüter
broadwaygal24601 Level 1 (0 points)

I've exported an iDVD 720p movie to my hard drive.  I found an old version of iDVD and have been able to get it on the comp and play around.  The challenge is, any time I try to burn a higher quality version (the video file is 10GB) to a dual layer DVD to maintain as much quality as possible, iDVD gives me an encoding error.  I've also tried Roxio Toast - I can get it to burn to dual layer DVD, but it's so grainy it's terrible - worse than pulling it up on Youtube.  On the mac, the video is beautiful.  Crisp, good colors. 

I'm needing suggestions.  What I'm needing to do is very basic and I'm very good with computers, but this is frustrating not only me, but my parents, who purchased the computer for their business to be able to archive high quality recordings of their shows.  It's been a nightmare telling them that the $1,200 computer they bought can't seem to do this VERY BASIC task. 

We have an Apple iMac purchased in May 2013 - so as new as can be basically.  Standard iMac, no upgrades.

iMac, iOS 6.1.4