Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to delete the large optimized files

I edited a film and used the "create optimized files" option, which wasn't really necessary since it was just a home movie. So now I have a folder with very large file size copies of the same video and that's what I used to edit with. I also have the original media in a folder on my desktop. FCP used proxy instead of copying it. That was my doing, but I woiuld prefer for the media to be in my FCP folder and I would prefer to get rid of the large optomized media.

Is it possible to delete the optomized media folder and get the movie to refer instead to the original media? And how do I get that original media to be in the FCP library (apart from just moving it there manually)

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 3:12 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by FCP used Proxy instead of copying it. So I'm assuming you didn't didn't copy the original media to the event, but did make both Proxy and Optimized.

Select the event in the Library and then under the file drop-down, choose Organize Event. That should copy the files from your Desktop too the Original Media folder.

Close FCP. Take the High Quality Media folder and hide it in a temp folder elsewhere on your drive. Open FCP and make sure that the project is working correctly. Assuming it is, you can drag the temp folder to the trash.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2013 3:12 PM in response to Cartoonguy

I'm not sure what you mean by FCP used Proxy instead of copying it. So I'm assuming you didn't didn't copy the original media to the event, but did make both Proxy and Optimized.

Select the event in the Library and then under the file drop-down, choose Organize Event. That should copy the files from your Desktop too the Original Media folder.

Close FCP. Take the High Quality Media folder and hide it in a temp folder elsewhere on your drive. Open FCP and make sure that the project is working correctly. Assuming it is, you can drag the temp folder to the trash.

Russ

I need to delete the large optimized files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.