Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign into McTube?

I recently added my YouTube to google so I could switch between YouTube accounts instead signing in and out of the account to my others. After doing so, I opened the McTube app. It used to be working after I had done the switching account thing and I opened the app today and it told me my account wasn't completely linked to Google. I tried signing in again and got the same message. Now I can't access my YouTube subscriptions through the fastest and best YouTube app!!!! Help?

McTube-OTHER, iOS 6.1.4, I need help

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 4:33 PM

If anyone still needs help with this, I finally found out a way to log onto McTube even after you have linked your Youtube account to your gmail!!!

You really just need to create an alternative name for your channel and log in via that name. Follow these instructions in order to gain access to your youtube profile via McTube:

1: Log into Youtube. From here, go to settings. HOWEVER! You have to log into Youtube via your Gmail account first; you have to be using your gmail account as your youtube account, and not your standard youtube profile. I hope this is clear. If not, I'll try to make elaborate further.

- Your (youtube) google account shouldn't have a channel, so therefore go to settings. From here, go to overview. Here you have a box about your account information. It should write something like "Create a channel". Do not click this button. It'll make things complicated. Just click "advanced" instead.

2: From here you'll be directed to the advanced settings of your account (dah). You should notice that there is a subtitle that says: "Signing in to older apps"

Under that, there is some text that goes like this "

Need more control? Assign an email address and password to sign in directly to any channel and override this setting"

As you can see, there is a link (the blue text). Click on that (as a matter of fact, you are able to go to the site by pressing this very blue text in my message) , and you'll be directed to gmail. Write your email and password.

3: Now you should have an auto-generated username for your youtube account. Write a password for this account.

4: Voila! Now, go to McTube and write your new username, INSTEAD OF YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT, and the password linked to that username.

5: You are now able to access McTube and have access to all your subscriptions and favorites!

I hope this helped you all. It took myself quite some time to figure this problem out, so I hope people will notice this reply instead of spending (maybe) hours on how to solve this problem.

/Quicez.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2013 4:33 PM in response to JustNaturallyBoss

If anyone still needs help with this, I finally found out a way to log onto McTube even after you have linked your Youtube account to your gmail!!!

You really just need to create an alternative name for your channel and log in via that name. Follow these instructions in order to gain access to your youtube profile via McTube:

1: Log into Youtube. From here, go to settings. HOWEVER! You have to log into Youtube via your Gmail account first; you have to be using your gmail account as your youtube account, and not your standard youtube profile. I hope this is clear. If not, I'll try to make elaborate further.

- Your (youtube) google account shouldn't have a channel, so therefore go to settings. From here, go to overview. Here you have a box about your account information. It should write something like "Create a channel". Do not click this button. It'll make things complicated. Just click "advanced" instead.

2: From here you'll be directed to the advanced settings of your account (dah). You should notice that there is a subtitle that says: "Signing in to older apps"

Under that, there is some text that goes like this "

Need more control? Assign an email address and password to sign in directly to any channel and override this setting"

As you can see, there is a link (the blue text). Click on that (as a matter of fact, you are able to go to the site by pressing this very blue text in my message) , and you'll be directed to gmail. Write your email and password.

3: Now you should have an auto-generated username for your youtube account. Write a password for this account.

4: Voila! Now, go to McTube and write your new username, INSTEAD OF YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT, and the password linked to that username.

5: You are now able to access McTube and have access to all your subscriptions and favorites!

I hope this helped you all. It took myself quite some time to figure this problem out, so I hope people will notice this reply instead of spending (maybe) hours on how to solve this problem.

/Quicez.

Can't sign into McTube?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.