Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

jpg and raw suffix not appearing on filename in aperture 3.4

Using macbook pro running mountain lion and aperture 3.4.5. org and jpg suffixes not displayed on filenames on jpg and raw pairs imported from olympus omd em-5. in addition the suffixes not displayed on older images previously imported from other cameras.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 6:02 PM

6 replies

Sep 8, 2013 8:08 PM in response to mmazurid

Hi Mark,

Is the file type for the Original shown in the Camera Info pane (scroll down the linked User Manual page to see a diagram) atop the Info Inspector?

Afaik, the file name extension (and therefore the file format of the Image's Original) is not considered part of the file name by Aperture. The file name extension is not available to be shown by any of the Metadata Overlays.

Have you ever seen the file name extension shown as part of a Metadata Overlay?

Sep 8, 2013 10:46 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Have you ever seen the file name extension shown as part of a Metadata Overlay?

That is puzzling, Kirby - I have always seen the filename extension in Aperture; in the Inspector Info panel, the Viewer, the Browser.

I tested again with raw+jpeg pairs, to see, if there is something peculiar about pairs - if Aperture thinks, the filetype should be clear from badge, but I am seeing the extension always.

User uploaded file

Even when I created the image file and imported it into Aperture while the Finder option "Show all Filename Extensions" has been disabled, Aperture would still show the extension.

But I noticed, that in Basic View Aperture would give precedence to the version name and display the version name and not the filename, even if I selected the filename with a higher priority in the list of metadata tags. So I deleted the version name from the views and added the "Show metadata labels", to be sure to see the Filename extension. And surprise - Aperture had been showing version names in the basic view overlays instead of the filename, when both filenames and versionnames had been selected, even with the filenames selected first.

jpg and raw suffix not appearing on filename in aperture 3.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.