Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X on Macbook 13inch late 2009

Hello all

just looking to clarify a few things. I'm looking to purchase Logic for recording on my mac for a university course i'll be doing. I'm in the process of doing a full system restore and RAM upgrade from 2 to 4gb. Looking at the specs of Logic Pro X it says i require the following:

User uploaded file

• 4GB of RAM
  • Display with 1280x768 resolution or higher
  • OS X v10.8.4 or later
  • Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
  • Minimum 5GB of disk space. 35GB of optional content available via in-app download

All of which I will have. HOWEVER i'm not sure about the 64 Bit audio plug in part. Does my Macbook late 2009 model have this? And if not, is my only option to go with the older but still good Logic Pro 9?

Thanks very much!

Posted on Sep 8, 2013 6:18 PM

1 reply

Sep 8, 2013 11:16 PM in response to timmilesacoustic

From the FAQ's > Logic Pro and MainStage 64-bit mode FAQ

How do I use Logic Pro or MainStage in 64-bit mode?

You can switch between 32-bit and 64-bit mode following these steps:

1. Quit Logic Pro or MainStage if it is running.
  2. Navigate to the Logic Pro or MainStage application in the Applications folder.
  3. Choose Get Info from the Finder File menu.
  4. Disable the option to "Open in 32-bit mode" to open in 64-bit mode.

You would have to have Logic installed to view that infromation from the Logic > Get Info window.

On the RAM upgrade, the more RAM for audio editing the better. I'd increase beyond 4GB of RAM is possible.

Logic Pro X on Macbook 13inch late 2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.