Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Deleted by Mac App (Image Capture). Info is down below or under or side.

Hello Apple Community,

I recently tried to transfer all of my photos from my iPhone 4S using a Mac App called Image Capture.

While transferring all my photos I realized that my items count started to shrink down and then I checked my phone and realized that the App was deleting my photos off my phone.

When I stopped it, by cancelling it I realized the photos were gone because the count was down.

So Apple Community I was wondering if there is any way to recover the photos?

Another thing I have around 4,000 + photos on my iPhone, so I won't know which photos that I have lost.

I'm a bit OCD in knowing which ones I've lost. Plus I've gotten more OCD after finding out that there's a chance my phones deleting some of my photos (I'm not 100% sure, maybe like 80% sure).

I don't know if this information will help.

Image Capture

MacBook Pro 2012 (?)

iPhone 4S

ALSO, this happened 3 (or 4) days ago... if that helps.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2, MacBook Pro, Image Capture

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 1:11 AM

3 replies

Jul 11, 2014 9:52 AM in response to jk_92

Hello, I too wanted to offload photos from my iphone and NOT into iPhoto.

I used Image Capture to download from my iPhone to my MacBook successfully. BUT it wasn't as simple as instructions made it seem. Here's what worked for me...There's a popdown labeled "Connecting this iPhone opens" that let me navigate all the way to the destination folder I set up for the import. However, when I got to the folder, Choose button was grayed out, unselectable. I couldn't find any other way to select a destination for the imported images to go. With delete after import selected, I clicked Import All anyway. Gulp. Images disappeared from my phone and thought they were gone for good. I figured they HAD to go SOMEWHERE. With a little poking around, I found that all the individual photos had been dumped into my Pictures folder (MacBook/Users/Pictures). I then selected and moved the photos to destination of choice (macbook, thumb drive, etc.).

Hope this helps...

Photo Deleted by Mac App (Image Capture). Info is down below or under or side.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.