Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hard disk not detecting

i have bougth a new seagate hard disk and when i connected it first it got connected and showed me settings to download. but after downloading i again removed and afterwards tried to connect it when i tried it didnt get recognised . it is not recognising from then but it is recognised on my pc. and my mac recognises my pen drives. so no prob with usb port nor the hard disk . so pease help me how can i make it detect in my mac running mountain lion macbook pro 2012 13 inch .

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 2:27 AM

2 replies

Sep 9, 2013 2:50 AM in response to Sriteja25

Never ever install any software that comes with any make or model external drive. It is not needed to use the drive on OS X or Windows.

Connect the drive and open Disk Utility and see if the drive shows up in there. If it does erase it or Repartition it and format it Mac Extended (Journaled).

Is this drive powered by the USB bus or does it have its own AC power adapter? If it is USB bus powered that could be your problems. Mac notebooks don't put out a lot of power on the USB ports and it might not be getting enough power for it to work correctly.

hard disk not detecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.