Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I watch a movie on my ipad in airplane mode with no wi fi?

I want to download a movie to my ipad before my next flight. How do I download and save it so I can use it in airplane mode?

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 11:04 AM

I had about 10 movies on my iPad - mostly digital copies of movies I'd purchased. Now they are in the cloud and I can't access them on a plane or locations without wi-fi access. Not sure what I did, but I'd prefer to simply have them back on my iPad so I can watch them whenever I want, with or without wi-fi.

1 - What setting messed me up?

2 - How can I change things back so my movies are on my iPad?

Thanks

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2013 11:04 AM in response to elowehart

I had about 10 movies on my iPad - mostly digital copies of movies I'd purchased. Now they are in the cloud and I can't access them on a plane or locations without wi-fi access. Not sure what I did, but I'd prefer to simply have them back on my iPad so I can watch them whenever I want, with or without wi-fi.

1 - What setting messed me up?

2 - How can I change things back so my movies are on my iPad?

Thanks

Sep 9, 2013 7:04 AM in response to elowehart

Just download the movie and watch it. What else is there to know? If you purchase a movie from iTunes, you can watch it in Airplane Mode, with WiFi turned off, with Wifi turned on .... You can watch it anywhere.

Of course, you don't say if this is a rental or a purchase, but I can tell you that purchased movies work just fine in Airplane mode during a flight. Once they are fully downloaded to the iPad, you can watch them anywhere without the need for WiFi.

How can I watch a movie on my ipad in airplane mode with no wi fi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.