Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compare button on effects

How does it work? All it does for me is re-set the effect to zero which is the same as the by-pass button. I would like to Compare my current to my last setting which is what I thought it would do.

thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 2009/8Gb ram/Crucial M500 SSD

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 10:24 AM

Using the compare button as found in Logic Pro's built in FX... (or A-B button as found in some 3rd parry plugins)

This works in two different ways.

1) Select the first preset, close the plugin..(I have found this makes it work more reliably) reopen it and then select the second preset and pressing the compare button will switch between the first and second preset

2) Select a preset and then move the sliders/controls etc for that plugin to modify the FX. Pressing compare will then switch back and forth between the original preset and the modified one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2013 10:24 AM in response to James Harries

Using the compare button as found in Logic Pro's built in FX... (or A-B button as found in some 3rd parry plugins)

This works in two different ways.

1) Select the first preset, close the plugin..(I have found this makes it work more reliably) reopen it and then select the second preset and pressing the compare button will switch between the first and second preset

2) Select a preset and then move the sliders/controls etc for that plugin to modify the FX. Pressing compare will then switch back and forth between the original preset and the modified one.

Compare button on effects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.