Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant get out of guided access

I cant get out of guided access! When I try it requires a password and i dont have parental settings on and my normal passcode isnt a four digit code and thats the only option theyre giving me.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 12:05 PM

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/05/01/parenting-tip-how-to-exit-out-of-guided-access-wh en-it-locks-up/

When you are stuck in Guided Access mode, you are really stuck as the typical triple tap on the home button to quit out of Guided Access doesn't work. Even a force quit won't work because the power button and the home button are disabled. The only way to get out of Guided Access is to press the Home and Power button together for 15 seconds. This will turn off Guided Access by forcibly rebooting your device. Once your device is restarted, you can then go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access > and turn off Guided Access if needed. I usually keep Guided Access off by default and turn it on only when I am handing my iOS device to my children.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2013 12:05 PM in response to Emily Keshap

http://www.tuaw.com/2013/05/01/parenting-tip-how-to-exit-out-of-guided-access-wh en-it-locks-up/

When you are stuck in Guided Access mode, you are really stuck as the typical triple tap on the home button to quit out of Guided Access doesn't work. Even a force quit won't work because the power button and the home button are disabled. The only way to get out of Guided Access is to press the Home and Power button together for 15 seconds. This will turn off Guided Access by forcibly rebooting your device. Once your device is restarted, you can then go to Settings > Accessibility > Guided Access > and turn off Guided Access if needed. I usually keep Guided Access off by default and turn it on only when I am handing my iOS device to my children.

cant get out of guided access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.