Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3 problems

Hello.....

Please can I ask for some help as I am teraing my hair out!

I am using Mainstage 3.0.1 on my 15"MBP (Mid 2010 2.66GHz i7) running 10.8.4.

I have a MOTU Timpiece AV v.2.0.0 and a MOTU 828 MK2

I am using MS3 to setup patches on my heardware keys rig (Korg SV1, CX3, O5R/W and TR-Rack) to send patch and volume/pan changes to everything and easily set-up splits etc.

However - since changing over to MS3 from MS2, I cannot seem to get any of the audio meters working with external instruments. This is a pain owing to the fact, for instance I maybe hear distortion on some sounds, but can do nothing about it in the mixer page or, I want to change the volume of parts of a split - can't do it as it would appear MS3 is just not seeing my 828 MK2.

I have all the MIDI assingments set-up correctly on the MTPAV, but MS3 is not seeing any of the audio channel names from the 828MK2 (which MS2 used to - and then the audio meters would work showing that there was a connection.)

Audio does pass through the channel strips, but I have no control over it - the mute/solo buttons don't work and, as previously stated the meters show nothing.

However, if I choose a soft-synth, the audio meters work fine.

This is just confined to external instruments.

Any tips would be very gratefully received as I am doing a gig on Saturday night and - right now, it looks like I have a frantic programming job of loads of splits actually in my hardware synths on Friday evening when I return travelling.

Thanks, Andy

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.66GHz i7, 8GB RAM

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 1:57 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2014 9:11 AM in response to Toysforgirls

This is still a current issue, although there has been a hardware change - I now have a MOTU 828 MK3 with v.1.06 firmware and I now have MS3.0.4. I had some input from MOTU as follows back when I first posted this issue here as I posted the same query to MOTU tech support:

Responses

Added on 2013/09/12 16:43:49 GMT-4

State change from 'Unread' to 'In progress'
Hi Andy,

I am not sure I understand what you are describing. When you say "the audio meters no longer work and therefore the faders do not work" are you referring to the meters on the 828mk3, or the meters within Mainstage?

If you are patching an external audio source through Mainstage, it is important to have the correct I/O settings. What are the inputs and outputs for your audio track? What channel on the 828mk3 is your audio coming on?

If channel names do not appear in Mainstage, then I'd advise contacting Apple in regards to enabling CoreAudio I/O labels in this software.

Keep me posted.

Cheers,

MOTU Tech Support

Added by Andy on 2013/09/12 17:03:39 GMT-4

Hello

Thanks so much for your reply.

I'm sorry - I should have been more clear - I am referring to the faders within Mainstage - the faders on the front of the 828 work perfectly. The I/O Settings are correct within MainStage as I can hear the sounds through MainStage, but just the faders on the channel strips do not work and the audio meters within the channel strips do not work. I have only just upgraded to MS3 (as soon as it was released,) but all of this did work fine in MS2 which I used before, but now when I open MS2 (I have a gig to play on Saturday night and need this to work, so thought I would try to revert to MS2,) that no longer works either. When I go into Audio MIDI Setup and I have the option under Audio Devices to change the gains of the inputs and outputs, with the sliders, they do not allow me to change anything - the sliders are 'greyed-out'.

I hope this clarifies my problems.
Thanks again, Andy

Added on 2013/09/12 17:08:56 GMT-4

Hi Andy,

If the audio patches through successfully, it sounds like this just a matter of making the signal visually appear in Mainstage. In that case, Apple's Mainstage support team should be able to assist with this. It does not sound like a hardware problem.

The faders are meant to be greyed out in Audio MIDI Setup. You can adjust audio levels for the 828 on the hardware itself or in the Inputs tab of CueMix FX. You can also turn on CoreAudio control for the outputs via MOTU Audio Setup, however I think this is unrelated to the Mainstage issue.

Cheers,

MOTU Tech Support

================================================================================ =================================================================

So - I'm still at the same place with this problem - the same applies, only with an 828 - please - if anyone can help, I would be most grateful.

Mainstage 3 problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.