Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my battery died before the end of the day i have notheing running

why does my battery die on my iphone i have nothing running and it has a complete charge at the start of everyday

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 1:22 PM

4 replies

Sep 9, 2013 1:52 PM in response to sberman

I have to respectfully disagree about BlueTooth or WiFi. BlueTooth uses no power if it is on but no BT device is connected; it just listens for a device to connect to; the receiver uses unmeasureably small amounts of power. After connecting it still uses a very small amount of power (about 3 mw). WiFi also uses very little power; 30 mw when actually in use, but it turns off if the phone is asleep. And the 30 mw when in use is a lot less than cellular data would use if you had any apps using data while WiFi is off.

The biggest users of energy are MS Exchange email accounts, iCloud email if you get a lot of messages, streaming audio or video and social networking apps (Facebook being the largest consumer of energy, but any that send you notifications). And all of these can run in background.

Notifications in themselves use very little power, however, when an app receives a notification it wakes up to process it, and usually downloads data updates. The same is true for Location services.

why does my battery died before the end of the day i have notheing running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.