"Could not join (wireless network). A connection timeout occured"
My MacAir is acting strangely, It doesn't want to connect with my home wireless network. Other computers, and my ipad, connect to the same network no problem. I can also access other Wifi networks, such as my work, Starbucks, and Tim Hortons free wifi. I can be in the same room as the router, it is not an issue of being too far away from the access point. All other computers accessing this wifi network can get an IP and access internet, just not my macbook air (Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.4)
Here is what I have tried, to no avail:
- My home network is WPA-2, I've checked and re-checked the security settings and passwords.
- I have used my husband's Macbook pro, and copied his internet advanced setting so that my Macbook Air has the exact same settings. Still not working.
- I looked at forum solutions, and tried copying my Mac address (advanced menu of the network preferences) into the TCP/IP tab DHCP Client ID box, which seemed to work briefly (I made it as far as the facebook homepage) before it dropped the network and I couldn't connect again.
- I reset the router, no change.
- I reset the modem, and had my tech support from my ISP walk me through setup again.
- I have restarted my Mac with wifi on, and wifi off, neither made a difference.
- I have deleted my home network from the keychain access and the preferred network lists, restarted, and tried connecting again.
My only thoguhts is that maybe it was caused by a conflict after a recent Mac OSX update. I have no idea how to solve that problem if its the case.
If anyone can help, or offer any ideas as to what may have caused this (it's been about 2 weeks since symptoms started), I'd be happy to hear any possible solutions right about now.