Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore calendar from Time Machine

I accidentally deleted one of my calendars and now I can't restore it from Time Machine.

In Time Machine, I can see Calendars folder in Library, but when I try to restore it, a warning pops up and says

The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access “0003E237-E7EA-4539-A2D1-15E451B58C5F.ics”

I've read articles on permission issues with Time Machine, and tried to fix it by entering this in Terminal:

sudo chmod 644 /volumes/"Time Machine Backups"/.14109fe63655

but I get:

chmod: /volumes/Time Machine Backups/.14109fe63655: No such file or directory

I've searched and tried different methods for hours but I can't bring this folder back or restore my calender 😟

Please help! I'd appreciate any suggestions or alternate methods.

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 8:48 AM

Hello Free3690,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

From what you are describing here, I would next enable the Root user on the computer and attempt the restore again.

Enabling and using the "root" user in Mac OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528

The process is a bit different depending on the version of the OS you have so just choose the one that fits yours, and be sure to disable the Root User when you are finished as well.

Cheers,

Sterling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2013 8:48 AM in response to Free3690

Hello Free3690,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

From what you are describing here, I would next enable the Root user on the computer and attempt the restore again.

Enabling and using the "root" user in Mac OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528

The process is a bit different depending on the version of the OS you have so just choose the one that fits yours, and be sure to disable the Root User when you are finished as well.

Cheers,

Sterling

Restore calendar from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.