Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF files

For some reason I can't open any PDF files with Adobe Reader. Every file says "The file is damaged and could not be repaired." Since it's not possible that every file is damaged, then something's going wrong in the Adobe-Apple interaction. I trashed the application, then downloaded the newest version of Adobe Reader, but there's no change.

Adobe says to do this:

User uploaded file

I followed this but of course, there is no "Open With" selection. What am I missing?

Brian

iPad 2, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 4:05 PM

7 replies

Sep 9, 2013 7:25 PM in response to azartguy

azartguy wrote:

...I followed this but of course, there is no "Open With" selection. What am I missing?

Brian

Are you doing Get Info on Adobe Reader or a PDF file? The instructions are to use Get Info on a PDF file and then you should have the "Open with" choice. BTW, the default choice for opening PDF's is Apple's Preview application. Can you open those PDF's with Preview?

PDF files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.