Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer photos on ipad to computer.

I have a huge number of photos on my ipad mini - 10,000, both from the internal camera and imported from another camera. I'm trying to transfer these to an XP computer, using file transfer. The device shows up, but none of the files show up at all. I need to get these files off the ipad. Any ideas?

I have done this before, but with far fewer photos. Why doesn't it work the same way?

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM)

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 4:48 PM

5 replies

Sep 9, 2013 4:57 PM in response to Diavonex

Have checked out that file. Yes, that's what I'm trying to do, drag and drop the files, but nothing shows up in the list. That is, the ipad device shows p under My Computer, but after that, the screen is empty. No photo files display.

This is the same process I have used before, but now, there is nothing. I do t understand, and the only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the number of files.

I'm stuck. I don't want to lose 5 months precious photos.

Sep 9, 2013 5:12 PM in response to Clyde77

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't work either.

I'm really hoping I will be able to get ALL photos back, including the ones I imported from my other camera using the SD card reader. I'm starting to wish I hadn't imported them all. I thought that was ideal for us travelling, but it will be so disappointing if I can't get them back.

Transfer photos on ipad to computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.