Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will older software from 10.6.8 function on new mac with newest OS?

I have a friend who is concerned that when he moves the contents of his older snow leopard iMac to a brand new iMac his old trusty apps like Photoshop Elements and his Entourage email program will not work on the new machine. I've advised him to go ahead and get the new iMac and change to a new email system and use Fotor or some other image editing app. The main questions are - can he move his extensive address book from Entourage to a new email app. and will any of his older software work on a new machine? Please advise. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 9:55 PM

Some will, some won't. He can check here: See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.

6 replies

Sep 10, 2013 7:37 AM in response to seventy one

Thanks seventy one - I've advised my friend that he will likely need to purchase at least some new apps. The thing he's really most concerned with is the huge (100+) email mailing list he uses with entourage to send out announcements for art exhibits, etc. We were hoping to find out if there's a way to export the entourage address book contents into a new address book for Apple Mail or some other email program.

will older software from 10.6.8 function on new mac with newest OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.