Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had IT guy at work upgrade my iPhone 4 to a 4S but the microphone icon for speech-to-text doesn't appear on my texting keyboard. Does anyone know why not and what I can do to add that feature for texting?

I had IT guy at work upgrade my iPhone 4 to a 4S but the microphone icon for speech-to-text doesn't appear on my texting keyboard. Does anyone know why not and what I can do to add that feature for texting?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.2

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 7:47 PM

25 replies

Sep 9, 2013 8:38 PM in response to nrouleau

iPhones cannot be "upgraded" - opened up and have their identity changed.

If you go to Settings > General > About > Model and tell us what's there, we can tell you which iPhone you have.

When you said "upgraded", I'm sure Templeton Peck assumed, as I did, that you exchanged your iPhone 4 for a physically different unit - an IPhone 4S. If you did not do that, you still have an iPhone 4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.