Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I bring my macbook pro to the apple store, will they clean out the entire computer for me?

I am trying to empty out all of my memory, besides my iTunes. I just want my computer to run faster and most of the things I have on this I don't need. I also want them to install all of the Microsoft programs. Will they?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 9, 2013 7:59 PM

1 reply

Sep 9, 2013 8:31 PM in response to LauraS.

If you still have Applecare, you can phone them up and get help making your Mac faster, if it is slow. However, unless you are critically low on drive space, deleting files will not necessarily speed up your Mac.

Let's check: how large is your drive, and how much is available? (Click once on your Macintosh HD, and click cmd-i to Get Info). Also, how much RAM do you have installed? (If you're not sure, go to About This Mac under the Apple menu).

Did you purchase the Microsoft programs (are you talking about Office 2011)? It's now possible to purchase it directly on the Microsoft website and install from there, if that's what you want.

Matt

If I bring my macbook pro to the apple store, will they clean out the entire computer for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.