Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low speed video scrubbing in ibooks video widget is possible?

hi,

I'm developing an ibook for learning descriptive geometry with embedded videos explaining different graphical techniques.

It would be very useful being able to scrub through the videos dragging with the finger in order to see them with the desired playback rate (like dragging the mouse through the progress bar in quicktime player). The problem is that the video isn't updated frame by frame only displaying a few of them making impossible to follow the videos this way.

If scrubbing frame by frame with the finger isn't possible, is there any way of adjusting the videos playback rate with custom controls?

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 5:02 PM

Video controls are standardized w/iBooks on iOS. What you see is what you get.

If you want fine grain/alternative controls, consider making an app instead - a non-trivial disclaimer applies in that case.

I'd suggest, given your example, that a slideshow would fit the bill.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2013 5:02 PM in response to RicardoCrespo

Video controls are standardized w/iBooks on iOS. What you see is what you get.

If you want fine grain/alternative controls, consider making an app instead - a non-trivial disclaimer applies in that case.

I'd suggest, given your example, that a slideshow would fit the bill.

Low speed video scrubbing in ibooks video widget is possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.