Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to bring Snow Leopard's Font Collections into Mtn Lion FontBook?

I'm down to some final tweaks here with migration from an '08 MBP (10.6.8) to a new MBP (10.8.4). Font Book 4.1 has me stumped. I figured out using Target mode to drag the fonts from both the Computer and User Libraries and Application Support>Apple into the new Library—fine. Everything shows up (especially in my Keynote presentations, where I MUST have a variety of fonts). But Font Book still can't find my lists of over 40 collections, as depicted in the image from 10.6.8 for User [samsunginternal > Library > Font Collections.

I hope there's some way to create these collections without just plain old starting over. What have I missed?

Thanks.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 1:09 PM

Hey, I got it!

I happened across one of Bob LeVitus' columns on showing the User Hidden Library folder. I'd wanted to tweak that anyhow. Once I did, voila, there I saw in my User Library the Font Collections folder! It took a little work with BatCHmod for permissions issues, but then I did a drag and drop via Target mode, restarted, and now all's right with Font Book. Whoohoo!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2013 1:09 PM in response to chuck50dc

Hey, I got it!

I happened across one of Bob LeVitus' columns on showing the User Hidden Library folder. I'd wanted to tweak that anyhow. Once I did, voila, there I saw in my User Library the Font Collections folder! It took a little work with BatCHmod for permissions issues, but then I did a drag and drop via Target mode, restarted, and now all's right with Font Book. Whoohoo!

How to bring Snow Leopard's Font Collections into Mtn Lion FontBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.