Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 2010 mac, how can I upgrade it

I want to upgrade to be able to use airplay mirroring, what upgrade options do I have to achieve this

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 1:47 PM

Hi Charlie, doesn't look like you can...

Requirements for AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

An Apple TV

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software update v5.0 or later. See How to update Apple TV software.

Supported Macs

AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion takes advantage of the hardware video encoding capabilities of 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core processors. Hardware video encoding allows AirPlay Mirroring to efficiently deliver high frame rates while maintaining optimal system performance. The following Mac models have processors that support AirPlay Mirroring:

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5404

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2013 1:47 PM in response to charliemaxdog

Hi Charlie, doesn't look like you can...

Requirements for AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

An Apple TV

Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with software update v5.0 or later. See How to update Apple TV software.

Supported Macs

AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion takes advantage of the hardware video encoding capabilities of 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core processors. Hardware video encoding allows AirPlay Mirroring to efficiently deliver high frame rates while maintaining optimal system performance. The following Mac models have processors that support AirPlay Mirroring:

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5404

I have a 2010 mac, how can I upgrade it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.