Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPod skipping over some of my songs?

The following link is to a video on my YouTube account in which my iPod rapidly skips over several songs without my prompting it to do so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf1kVdESY-E&feature=youtu.be

This only happens with some songs, like the Les Miserables album shown in the video and a few others (Regina Spektor's "Eet," is the only other one I've found so far). If the skippable songs are all in a row, it will just keep "playing" the songs and skipping them indefinitely. If a song that is skipped is before a few other normal songs, sometimes the iPod not only skips the bad song, but one or two good ones. When I back up again to hear the normal songs, they can be played. All of the problem songs so far are ones I purchased from iTunes, but not all songs purchased from iTunes exhibit this behavior.

I've tried resetting the iPod, and I've tried removing all the songs and putting them back on. Neither solutions have worked. The problem songs play fine in the iTunes library on my computer.

Anyone know how to fix this? 😝

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 1:00 PM

If they are iTunes purchases try deleting them and redownloading them:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Stor

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2013 1:00 PM in response to AvatarState_220

If they are iTunes purchases try deleting them and redownloading them:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Stor

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Why is my iPod skipping over some of my songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.