2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 6:16 PM by Scott38660
Scott38660 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with all my iWork apps as well as my Keychain access on my mac. They crash when the "documents & data" option is enabled under my iCloud preference pane.

I can still use them if I disable the syncing feature specifically for those apps but as I own the iWork suite for iOS I want to be able to sync them through the cloud. This is very problematic considering I use them everyday for college.

I know I'm not the first one with this issue but it does seem rare. I've seen a couple similar topics on the forums after thourough research and haven't been able to find a solution to my problem. If you want any crash logs I can upload them, they are very long.

I've tried many things and none of them have been successful.

I'm on a MacBook Pro (2010) running OS X 10.8.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Scott

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • 1. Re: iWork apps and Keychain access crash with iCloud enabled

Bump

• 2. Re: iWork apps and Keychain access crash with iCloud enabled

I managed to fix this by showing hidden files in Finder and deleting the Mobile Documents folder.

To do so enter the following in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

After that go to ~/Library and delete the Mobile Documents folder.

Make sure that "Documents & Data" is enabled for the iWork apps and open all the apps. They should now synchronize with iCloud and load all the files without crashing.

It was due to an error with the iCloud syncing process.

I found some "permission denied" errors on the Mobile Backups folder in the ubiquity logs. And a permissions repair did not fix that so I tried deleting the folder and that solved the problem entirely.

This also solves the Keychain Access problem!