Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs listed under incorrect artist in Ipod (listed correctly in Itunes)

So I'm having an issue getting songs to appear under the correct artist.

The artist's name is 3lau. several of his songs are listed with him as the artist. Other list him as the Album artist. It is all grouped correctly on Itunes.

When i sync my ipod (nano 6th gen) I cannot find the artist "3lau" I find all his songs under "Porter Robinson." Porter robinson is never listed as an artist.

I've looked through the itunes listing of artists and excluding those artists that i do not have checked music, the list doesn't match what the ipod shows. Why? Is there a way to force them to match?

I'd email Apple support, but like most conceited worldwide companies you can't actually contact them for help. So i'm asking the nice people on the community site that do apple's work for free.

Thank you all.

Itunes Yo. Software is a product.-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 10, 2013 11:06 PM

6 replies

Sep 13, 2013 12:59 PM in response to TheHairyBaboon

Hi TheHairyBaboon!

I've got some information for you that may help you with this issue. You should check the "Group Compilations" setting on your iPod nano to see whether that option is on or off. More information on this setting can be found on page 16 of the iPod nano 6th generation User Guide:

User uploaded file

manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1551/en_US/iPod_nano_6thgen_User_Guide.pd f

You can also find more information on compilation groupings and how to get them to behave the way you expect here:

Why aren't songs with the same album art grouped together?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1468

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

Sep 14, 2013 7:01 AM in response to TheHairyBaboon

Hey again TheHairyBaboon,

You may want to also try to restore your iPod nano according to the instructions found in this article:

Restoring iPod to factory settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1339

Thank you for using the Apple Support Community. Due to the nature of your issue or question you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources - https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action.

Cheers,

Braden

Sep 5, 2015 1:13 PM in response to Christian31Eagles

So I've run into a very similar problem. The artist is Gov't Mule. I have a large number of their songs on my iPod nano. One of the albums they did had individual songs paired with other artists, one of which was Steve Winwood. When I sync all that music onto the Nano, it lists EVERY Gov't Mule song as being by "Gov't Mule & Steve Winwood".

As a side note, I sync the same playlists to an iPod classic with clickwheel, an iPad, and an iPod touch. NONE of them exhibit this behavior.

I've checked all the settings, and factory reset it several times, and nothing changes.

Songs listed under incorrect artist in Ipod (listed correctly in Itunes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.