Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modem is in a different room in my house. Can I still set up Airport Express (2012 model) away from my modem?

Or does it have to always be plugged into the modem? To be more specific - my landlord lets me use his wifi but his apartment is above mine. I would like to set up my Airport Express (2012 model) to connect to my landlord's wifi signal WIRELESSLY and use that for Airtunes, Wireless printing, etc.

I've read somwhere that you can set things up with the modem by connecting it to Airport via ethernet cable, THEN once Airport has recognized/memorized the wifi signal it can function without having to be plugged into the modem. Is this true? If so - where can I find instructions on doing this stuff?

Thank you for your time,

Sebastian

Airport Express (2012)-OTHER

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 12:42 AM

1 reply

Modem is in a different room in my house. Can I still set up Airport Express (2012 model) away from my modem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.