Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finishing/rendering/exporting film

Hi Folks,

I made a 36min film in iMovie - which I could not 'finish' due to repeated error messages. I had to leave it alone for a bit -

But it is a really important piece of work; I am not a film maker, but the subject matter is important.

I understood the initial problem to be disc space, so I went into the Apple store - was sold a large external drive and moved the whole film project onto it. I did encounter some difficult issues here, whereby at first the project could not find source clips, but I re did the whole process, and restored everything, and it is perfectly possible to play the film through as a project in iMovie.

I tried to finish it again, and the same error came up.

After spending time in discussion forums (which I confess are often at a slightly too high skill level for me) I tried to simply export to QuickTime Player - understanding that a degree of finishing happens in this quicker and perfectly efficient process.

The export starts, and after around forty minutes I get a (-108) error message - there are 24gb of space free out of 60gb on the machine itself and 940gb out of 1000gb on the external drive to which I have now moved the whole project. The project in question is 22mb.

I feel defeated, and need to be able to go somewhere for somebody more skilled than me to help - most of all because I made this film about a friend's work, and it is really important and needed.

Any suggestions for being able to get a finished film to my friend would be very very much appreciated, preferably simply explained :-)

MacBook Air, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 7:12 AM

3 replies

Sep 11, 2013 7:32 AM in response to Guinivere72

Just as background - I spent around 48 hours in total sub-titling it for deaf viewers - so it feels all the more valuable :-) In that my skills level was not high - self taught bla bla bla - just for this - the longer I leave solving this issue, the less I remember to rectify - such as splitting the film, adding and subtracting bits etc I need a geek! LOL

Finishing/rendering/exporting film

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.