Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I play FM radio on the 7th generation iPod classic 160GB?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2017 9:32 AM

Assuming it works like the one I have (also using it on a 7th gen), when you plug it in to your iPod, a new option should immediately appear in your main menu, entitled "Radio". When you click on it, the tuner should automatically appear on your screen. You then plug your earphones/headphones/speaker into the FM Radio Remote, and control tuning and volume from the remote. If it doesn't work, try reconnecting it to your device; if it still doesn't work, turn off your iPod, connect the FM Radio Remote, then turn your iPod on. If it still doesn't work, the FM Radio Remote is either defective, or possibly incomptible with your model (shouldn't be though, as mine works fine).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2017 9:32 AM in response to Johneknox

Assuming it works like the one I have (also using it on a 7th gen), when you plug it in to your iPod, a new option should immediately appear in your main menu, entitled "Radio". When you click on it, the tuner should automatically appear on your screen. You then plug your earphones/headphones/speaker into the FM Radio Remote, and control tuning and volume from the remote. If it doesn't work, try reconnecting it to your device; if it still doesn't work, turn off your iPod, connect the FM Radio Remote, then turn your iPod on. If it still doesn't work, the FM Radio Remote is either defective, or possibly incomptible with your model (shouldn't be though, as mine works fine).

Sep 13, 2013 12:06 PM in response to JLG2006

Hi JLG2006,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you're using an iPod classic 160GB, see the Features Guide for help with FM radio:

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipod%20classic

Listening to FM Radio

You can listen to radio using the optional iPod Radio Remote accessory for iPod classic. iPod Radio Remote attaches to iPod classic using the Dock connector cable. When you’re using iPod Radio Remote, you see a Radio menu item on the iPod classic main menu. For more information, see the iPod Radio Remote documentation.

If you're using an iPod nano (7th generation), see the "Use FM radio" section in this article for help:

iPod nano (7th generation): Frequently used features

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5470

Cheers,

Jeremy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.