Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do iPhone 5 screen protectors still fit 5s

Will existing iPhone 5 screen and back protectors fit the new iPhone 5s or have the camera position and home / finger print sensor changed enough so they will not?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 7:02 AM

14 replies

Sep 28, 2013 3:05 AM in response to NOYB111

Hey all,

I applied an iPhone 5 screen protector to my iPhone 5S yesterday. It was originally working well, but as of recent i've noticed the fingerprint identification feature to be a bit dodgy. Although the screen protector fits perfectly and allows a clear opening for the home button/fingerprint ID it is faulty. It works sometimes but majority of the time it won't recognise my fingerprint and requires my passcode.

If anyone else has any tips or experiences the same problem I would love to hear from you.

Sep 30, 2013 9:57 AM in response to Nexus1000

I have a new iPhone 5s. I ordered screen protectors from monoprice.com. They said for iPhone 5/5s/5c. They work perfectly... fingerprint scanner seems unaffected. I also ordered some 10ft charging cables that are pefect as well. They are not cheap, but half the price of Apple cables, three times as long and well made.

Oct 19, 2013 4:19 AM in response to NOYB111

So I posted earlier...

It turns out my iPhone 5S was actually faulty and the touch ID did not work.
It had nothing to do with the screen protector whatsover.
I had the phone exchanged and again, applied an iPhone 5 screen protector to the 5S and it is working perfectly fine. Had the new 5S for about a 2 weeks now and its working like a breeze.

Nov 13, 2013 12:48 PM in response to Tera69

I recommend the amFilm Bye-Bye Bubble Screen Protector for the iphone 5. They fit like a glove and have no bubbles to worry about. I was very pleased with this product, especially considering its low price. I looked on Amazon and found it had some good reviews, so I figured why not try it out! Less than 10$ for protection is a good deal! Beats paying for apple care! haha good luck with your choice!

http://amzn.to/HygYAA

Do iPhone 5 screen protectors still fit 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.