Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm receiving a "blocked plug-in" message in Safari

A user in my group has recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.8.4. The user has recently started receiving the following message when logging into workamajig and a few other sites:

"Blocked plug-in"

And no access to the requested site.

I've tried updating Adobe Flash 6, turned off the the "Block all webpages from storing information on this computer" (default setting), and clearing all the cookies and history from Safari. In the past, when workamajig isn't working right, the solution is to clear the cache, but I can't find a ready way in Safari to do that, so I deleted the cookies.

I am using MacOS10.8.4 on my Mac and have been for 5 months and have access to workamjig. I've never received a message about blocked plug-in.

I'm on an iMac (Intel Core 2 Duo) and my co-worker is using a G5 Tower (QuadCore Intel Xeon).

I'm stumped at this point. There's probably something simple that I'm missing. "Reset Safari" maybe?

Brady

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 7:56 AM

9 replies

Sep 11, 2013 8:59 AM in response to Klaus1

Thanks for the post, but to be clear, I'm on Mountain Lion, not Snow Leopard. I'll look into the version of Flash Player and the plug-in that my co-worker is using and update them and see if that helps.

I'm also checking out the articles in the "More Like This" sidebar. Glad to see I'm not the only one encountering this, so I know it should be solvable.

Sep 11, 2013 10:46 AM in response to Brady_LS

OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5655

Latest Flash Player Plug-in version is 11.8.800.168

1. System Preferences > Other/ Flash Player > Advanced > Delete All

Press the "Delete All" button

Install Adobe Flash Player.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Quit Safari.

Restart computer. Relaunch Safari.

2. Enable Plug-ins

Safari > Preferences > Security

Internet Plug-ins > "Allow all other plug-ins

Nov 4, 2014 11:10 AM in response to lyle1979

Same thing happened to me when I updated to Yosemite. Mine in particular was with the Google Music app.

In tinkering with the stuff other people have said I came across this:

System Preferences --> Flash Player --> Advanced --> Check Now

Prompted me to install an update for Flash, then a quick restart and I'm back to normal. Hope this helps!

Nov 11, 2014 6:26 PM in response to Brady_LS

For those who have downloaded the Adobe flashplayer, and thought it would install on it's own, add 1 more step:

Go to the search box on your Mac (or however you search on it) my search box is next to the time display.

Type in downloads and folders should pop up. Click the one that shows your username out to the left. Find the flashplayer and double click on it.

Follow the directions and install Adobe.

This is the most important step of all.

You may not have to download it, it's possible that it was already on your device from a previous update, these steps should have you well on your way.

Goodluck!

I'm receiving a "blocked plug-in" message in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.