Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I change my Apple ID primary email address with my previous rescue address? (My previous rescue address has been verified by Apple before as rescue address)

I want to change my primary Apple ID email address with my rescue email address.

So the first step I did was change my rescue email address (ex: A@brian.com) with new email address (ex: B@brian.com), in order to use it as primary email address, which currently use this address: (ex: C@brian.com).

And then I edit my primary Apple ID email address (C@brian.com) with my previous rescue email address (A@brian.com), but it can't be done.

The problem is, I already verified my previous rescue email address (A@brian.com) as rescue email address, so it can't be used to replace (C@brian.com) as primary email address.

Can I use (A@brian.com) to replace my currently primary Apple ID Address (C@brian.com)?

Thanks!

Brian YW

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 8:00 AM

3 replies

Sep 13, 2013 11:07 AM in response to brianyw

Hello brianyw,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

You would need to remove the verified email address from your profile at http://appleid.apple.com. Not from the rescue email address, as you have already done, but from the Alternate Email addresses section.

Also the email address cannot be an Apple ID already. To see if it is, you can try and sign in with that email address at the same place, http://appleid.apple.com or attempt resetting your password with that email address.

Regards,

Sterling

Aug 2, 2015 5:15 AM in response to sterling r

I tried removing my old rescue address to use it as my new primary but for some reason it says it's still attached to my Apple ID even though it shouldn't be since I removed it, I need to switch it over since I'm trying to get rid of the email that's currently being used as the primary.

Curent primary: AOL

Old rescue: Yahoo

New rescue: Google

I want my new primary to be Yahoo so it'll be easier for me in the future, this is the last thing that I need to change over before I can finally get rid of AOL and have everything be switched over to Yahoo. I didn't have this much trouble switching email accounts with my bank, I don't know what else I can do.

can I change my Apple ID primary email address with my previous rescue address? (My previous rescue address has been verified by Apple before as rescue address)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.