Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change my iCloud email address

I made a typo when I first entered my iCloud e-mail address. I did this during an early beta of some version of iOS and there was no warning that this would be my permanant iCloud address and there would be no way to change it. I have done extensive searching to find a way to change my iCloud address and even submitted a bug report to Apple on the subject. Apple replied to the bug report saying that there is now a warning saying that the address is permanant and considers the problem solved however my problem is not solved. I cannot use my typo iCloud email address and cannot change it. What should I do? Everything including my developer account and all my apps are tied to this useless iCloud address.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 1:25 PM

If your aim is to have a "good" email address to use, then the only thing you can do is define an email alias in the existing account and use that.

If you use a computer's browser to log into icloud.com and go to the mail page, then click the cog wheel and choose to edit the accounts. You will find a page that lets you define an alias.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2013 1:25 PM in response to GrangerFX

If your aim is to have a "good" email address to use, then the only thing you can do is define an email alias in the existing account and use that.

If you use a computer's browser to log into icloud.com and go to the mail page, then click the cog wheel and choose to edit the accounts. You will find a page that lets you define an alias.

How to change my iCloud email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.