Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Server Integration

Hi all,

I have been tasked with setting up a corporate-wide iCal server for all users. We are dealing mainly with Macs but there are a number of Windows and Linux devices that need to be accommodated also.

We have settle on Thunderbird for better or worse for the non-Mac clients but the hassle of adding a calendar is hughly frustrating! Here is the setup:

Mac Server 10.8.4

Services:

Open Directory

Calendar

Contacts

Wiki

Mac clients bind perfectly and are up and running in seconds.

With the Windows andLinux clients we have to add each calendar using the following naming convention:

http://<fqdn>/calendars/__uid__/<calendarUID>/calendar/

This works fine but is very labourious getting each users calendarUID as well as the group calendars UIDs and teaching users how to set them up.

Does anybody know of a streamlined way of doing this?

As well as this we are having issues around users sending invites. The non-Mac clients need to be bound to the OD for LDAP lookup but I still haven't figured out the syntax to get this working. If anybody out there can point me in the right direction I would be in your debt!!!

Xserve, OS X Server

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 10:56 AM

There are no replies.

iCal Server Integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.